Monday 9 June 2014

Remuneration Reflection

Team - Anders & Josh
Project - The Last Suprematist Sculpture


I liked the idea of the duo showing a salary graph of different architectural related occupations. I found it interesting that CAD drafter had one of the lowest incomes and that interior was the highest at $900 000 maximum. When they presented the pros and cons of being a freelancer as opposed to working for a company, i found it very useful as it made me think of how i could plan my future career and the direction i could take it. With the group presenting this information it made things easier as they did the research for me.

One example of a difference they demonstrated was that as a freelancer you can work for the hours you want but it can become very stressful. If you dont like the stress it would be easier to work for a business. It was made clear to me that different locations in Australia have different salaries despite having the same occupation.  

The invoice video was helpful. The group gave a very in depth tutorial on how to submit an invoice. they talked about what details you will need in the invoice, which is 2 weeks then you can get paid. I also found it helpful that there is a software called time doctor which can track the usage and hours of work you put into your work. It can pick up websites and programs that you use.

Overall i found the presentation very engaging and interesting and learned a lot from it, i love when i watch a presentation and come out knowing i learned something new. I think this team so far had the best presentation this semester as the topic was very relevant and useful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment